The name speaks for itself - Rhapsodies and Anecdotes. This is the venue in which I share (often ecstatically) personal stories about what God teaches me as I dive into His Word each day. I hope you like what I post and that it challenges you as it does me.

If you like, you can follow me on Blogger (check the sidebar to the right) and receive e-mail updates when I post. You can also follow me on twitter: @kirchdaddy.

Whatever you do and for whatever reason you're reading this right now, know this: I'm praying for you, reader. I'm praying that God works in your heart to draw you more and more to Himself.

9.02.2009

Storage

The last few weeks have been a blur with the start of school, new developmental stages with our daughter, my sister getting engaged, writing a play and all kinds of events that have just plain kept us running. It's really easy to get so caught up in life and not come here to chronicle it. This just doesn't make the list of priorities if I'm strapped for time.

Not to say I haven't been reading (although, I do miss days). The last few days have been a little bit in the Psalms and Ezekiel, but most of my time has been spent reading about the last days in Revelation. It was exciting at first for me because I was hoping for a fresh perspective, some new lesson that I hadn't heard before, something that might help me grasp the whole book better. Let's be honest here, Revelation is hard!

I told Beth last night that I feel like I haven't really gotten anything new out of this book, and it's a little disappointing for me. She is so right-on sometimes because she reminded me about something that I had let slip my mind, (and here I'm paraphrasing)

"Just remember sometimes you're storing up for another time."

Gah! Just like Paul, she just gets to the heart of me! There will be a time when I need what I've read in Revelation, I just may not be able to see it right now. Or what if I didn't read it for me but to share with someone else? I can't always know what God has specifically in mind for each day or week or month or year in my life, but I can be faithful. I can study His Word, I can pray, I can seek to glorify Him in everything. He'll use me when it's right. He'll bring these Revelation songs back to my mind when the timing is perfect.

Isn't that just it? I don't always know how He'll do it, but He will be glorified. Amen.



**Just curious, but do any readers out there have any lessons from or tips on how to read Revelation?**

No comments: