The name speaks for itself - Rhapsodies and Anecdotes. This is the venue in which I share (often ecstatically) personal stories about what God teaches me as I dive into His Word each day. I hope you like what I post and that it challenges you as it does me.

If you like, you can follow me on Blogger (check the sidebar to the right) and receive e-mail updates when I post. You can also follow me on twitter: @kirchdaddy.

Whatever you do and for whatever reason you're reading this right now, know this: I'm praying for you, reader. I'm praying that God works in your heart to draw you more and more to Himself.

9.04.2009

The Gap

Sometimes when I read a verse in the Bible I don't feel like God is telling me TO do something, rather I feel like He's telling me specifically NOT to do something.


For instance, in the Ten Commandments where it says not to murder. My inclination is to think, "God's telling me not to murder because He says it's wrong." Pretty straight-forward, right?


Try this verse then:


"And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none." Ezekiel 22:30 (emphasis added)


Today is a day when I feel like God is specifically telling me not to do something. I feel like He's telling me not to let this verse be true. I feel like He's telling me not to let the verse that follows happen, which is the utter destruction of the land and its people. It's just like there's this huge neon sign pointing it out to me.


Of course, I also feel like God is telling me very specifically what to do and be about. First and foremost, God wants me glorifying Him and giving all of my life toward that end. But, especially looking at this verse, I think He's calling me to stand in the breach. When no other man will stand for Him, I must. Where none are found, I must be found. To be honest (I know, I usually am...), I think this verse is applicable to every Christian but I feel like it's specifically for the men.


It should never be that God finds no men in the breach, standing for Him, building up the wall, and protecting the land!


Men of faith, rise up! Stand firm where the Lord has called you to stand! Glorify Him with your actions and words and thoughts. Use your God-given talents to build up the church, to defend His people, to protect the land He has provided us with.


Where am I today? Where are you today? Can we be found hiding safely somewhere or are we found standing firmly in the gap?

1 comment:

Isabella's Mommy said...

I really like the new look of your blog. And the words are even better. I love you. Thank you for speaking God's truth - to me, to our family and to others. I'm forever thankful for the man of God that you are and are becoming daily.