The name speaks for itself - Rhapsodies and Anecdotes. This is the venue in which I share (often ecstatically) personal stories about what God teaches me as I dive into His Word each day. I hope you like what I post and that it challenges you as it does me.

If you like, you can follow me on Blogger (check the sidebar to the right) and receive e-mail updates when I post. You can also follow me on twitter: @kirchdaddy.

Whatever you do and for whatever reason you're reading this right now, know this: I'm praying for you, reader. I'm praying that God works in your heart to draw you more and more to Himself.

9.02.2012

Salvation

'Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.' Therefore you will joyously draw water from the springs of salvation.
Isaiah 12:2-3


This week I'm reading through the book of Isaiah. This verse stood out particularly for me this morning. Most English translations say something like the New American Standard quoted above, "you will joyously draw water from the springs of salvation." But, I love the distinction in one version of the Bible that lies in this verse. The Orthodox Jewish Bible reads, "...out of the wells of Yeshuah." Salvation is distinguished then, not just as the act of saving, but as the personification of that act. It is the Messiah Himself from whose springs we are to joyfully draw.

What an incredible thought for today! Consider all that the Lord has done. Praise Him for His marvelous works. And remember, it is not an impersonal stream from which we draw our salvation. It is the Living Water that is found in a personal Savior. He did not just give us life. He gave His own that we might live.

Worship Him. He is more than worth it.


That you might know Christ,

No comments: