The name speaks for itself - Rhapsodies and Anecdotes. This is the venue in which I share (often ecstatically) personal stories about what God teaches me as I dive into His Word each day. I hope you like what I post and that it challenges you as it does me.

If you like, you can follow me on Blogger (check the sidebar to the right) and receive e-mail updates when I post. You can also follow me on twitter: @kirchdaddy.

Whatever you do and for whatever reason you're reading this right now, know this: I'm praying for you, reader. I'm praying that God works in your heart to draw you more and more to Himself.

3.02.2010

Precious

I was looking at Beth and Isabella while they slept this morning, soaking in a last little moment with each of them before I went off to work, and I had a moment of clarity.


They are precious to me. Those sweet moments when they don't even know I'm watching are precious to me. The times when Isabella is curled up in a chair with a book. The times when Beth has her head tilted just so as she reads a recent blog update or recipe. The times when they're both asleep, nestled into the blankets in the exact same pose. They don't know I'm watching but those are the most precious times to me.


I mean, there are things in life that we like a lot or even things that we love, but I bet there are just a few things that we would say are precious to us. Things that maybe no one else would appreciate or at least very few people would.


The amazing thing about it all is this - to God, we are that precious! Check out this verse from what I was reading this morning:


"As you come to Him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious..."


Later it says God has chosen us as "a people for His own possession.". What an amazing picture! I was completely overwhelmed this morning as I was reminded that just as I have those precious moments with my family, we are considered all the more precious by our Father in heaven.


Do you feel like the world is weighing you down and nothing is going your way? Do you feel like everyone is against you? Do you feel abandoned or alone or burdened or afraid?
Be encouraged today, because God loves you and He has a plan for you and He has made a way for you to have the most intimate relationship you have ever known! You are precious to Him - more precious than you could ever imagine.


Just one last thing: Are you living your life to reflect how precious you are to the Father?

No comments: