The name speaks for itself - Rhapsodies and Anecdotes. This is the venue in which I share (often ecstatically) personal stories about what God teaches me as I dive into His Word each day. I hope you like what I post and that it challenges you as it does me.

If you like, you can follow me on Blogger (check the sidebar to the right) and receive e-mail updates when I post. You can also follow me on twitter: @kirchdaddy.

Whatever you do and for whatever reason you're reading this right now, know this: I'm praying for you, reader. I'm praying that God works in your heart to draw you more and more to Himself.

7.31.2013

Notecard



We've been cleaning out a lot lately and in the process we've discovered many hidden treasures. Some things have been quite embarrassing and made us thankful to be past various stages of life (i.e. middle school...)

Some things, however, have been surprisingly insightful. We have some kind of wisdom stored in these noggins of ours! Anyway, this post is courtesy of Beth. She wrote this down (original to her or someone else, we don't know) an unknown number of years back, and we found it hidden away on a notecard. This is just one example of why I'm so thankful for the wisdom and insight she brings into my life on a daily basis.
"I'm sure most of you have figured out that the sexier you dress the more attention you get. But even though that attention can feel good, it's really not good for you. Everyone deserves to be loved, not lusted over. When you dress to impress, guys notice; but when you try to live a life that's honoring to Christ, a whole different set of guys notice. You just can tell because they're not going to look you up and down. Instead of thinking about you with no clothes on, they're thinking about you in your wedding dress. Instead of one night sex, they're thinking about what it would be like to grow old with you. Instead of wondering if you're a cheap date, they wonder if you're going to be a good mother. So if you're feeling left out because you don't show off your body, you don't date yet, or if you're thinking about taking it a little easier on guys by dressing a touch more conservatively; I promise you're going to get noticed."
To all the single (and married) ladies and gentlemen, know that we have been there. Know that we have struggled in the same ways. Know that we are praying for you as you fight to walk in relational purity before the Lord.


That you might know Christ,

No comments: