The name speaks for itself - Rhapsodies and Anecdotes. This is the venue in which I share (often ecstatically) personal stories about what God teaches me as I dive into His Word each day. I hope you like what I post and that it challenges you as it does me.

If you like, you can follow me on Blogger (check the sidebar to the right) and receive e-mail updates when I post. You can also follow me on twitter: @kirchdaddy.

Whatever you do and for whatever reason you're reading this right now, know this: I'm praying for you, reader. I'm praying that God works in your heart to draw you more and more to Himself.

5.09.2011

Beautiful

We went to a "send off" party this afternoon for some friends of ours. Turns out, it was actually a surprise wedding! Through it all, I couldn't get the imagery of the bride of Christ out of my mind. As beautiful as the bride was, the Church is that much more beautiful to Christ.


In fact, the song 'Beautiful' by MercyMe comes to mind every time we go to a wedding, as I think through the idea that Christ was willing to face "death, even death on a cross" for our sake.  For me, the wedding this afternoon was yet another incredible reminder that Christ didn't just save us from our sins (though that would be enough) - we were adopted and made beautiful by the blood of Christ.  Where our sins would condemn us to eternity without God, there He stands, our Father, calling His children beautiful through the work of Jesus on the cross.
"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us..." Galatians 3:13
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."  2 Corinthians 5:17
Paul says later in 2 Corinthians that Christ "became sin" so that we could become "the righteousness of God."  There has been a miraculous work done for our sakes, one that I still can't get my head around, but it was done nevertheless.  It will never cease to amaze me that this redemption work was done to restore and renew our relationship with God.  It will perpetually put a smile on my face and a song in my heart that "God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life."


I think ultimately what I'm trying to say is that you are valuable to God.  You matter to Him.  No matter what you face in life, no matter what anyone says, God cherishes you.  Come to Jesus.  Let Him wash away the stains of sin and clothe you in garments of white.  Let Him whisper in your ear, the gentle reminder that:
"You're beautiful.  You are treasured.  You are sacred.  You are His." 

1 comment:

touchtyping said...

This is really a very nice and interesting story. Some people's are god gifted.....
Touch Typing | Online Touch Typing