The name speaks for itself - Rhapsodies and Anecdotes. This is the venue in which I share (often ecstatically) personal stories about what God teaches me as I dive into His Word each day. I hope you like what I post and that it challenges you as it does me.

If you like, you can follow me on Blogger (check the sidebar to the right) and receive e-mail updates when I post. You can also follow me on twitter: @kirchdaddy.

Whatever you do and for whatever reason you're reading this right now, know this: I'm praying for you, reader. I'm praying that God works in your heart to draw you more and more to Himself.

7.25.2010

Magnificent Obsession

Lately, I've become obsessed with the sky.  Every time we go somewhere, whether it's a quick trip down to the store or to a near-by city or even another country, I find myself looking up.  I'm literally obsessed.


Think about it though.  The majesty of the sky, with its multitude of colors and the swirls of clouds.  Every sky is different and yet every sky is the same.  You can be in an entirely different country from me and we'll see vastly different pictures, but the same moon and stars will come out at night, the same sun will still rise and set each morning and evening.  The more I think about it and the more that I stop in the middle of what I'm doing to take yet another picture of the sky, the more in awe I become.


If you never thought about it before now, ponder this.  It is impossible to look at the sky, with all of its incredible detail, and not believe in the Creator.  He's the most accomplished artist there will ever be and what awes me even more than how beautiful His Creation can be is how full of splendor, majesty and power He proves Himself to be through the vastness of that which He created.  The sky is a perfect picture of that for me.  I love to look up at a perfect sunset or the fluffiest clouds I think I've ever seen and remember how amazing my God is.  I get overwhelmed sometimes at how awe-inspiring it can be.  I am moved to the very core of my soul thinking about how God displays His magnificence throughout all of His Creation, but especially the sky.


I think of this song by Steven Curtis Chapman every time the subject comes up.


"This is everything I want
This is everything I need
I want this to be my one consuming passion
Everything my heart desires
Lord, I want it all to be for you, Jesus
Be my magnificent obsession" 

May God reveal Himself to you more and more each day and may He become your magnificent obsession in everything you do and say.  Think about that this week - maybe these pictures can give you a small glimpse of what I'm talking about.










No comments: