The name speaks for itself - Rhapsodies and Anecdotes. This is the venue in which I share (often ecstatically) personal stories about what God teaches me as I dive into His Word each day. I hope you like what I post and that it challenges you as it does me.

If you like, you can follow me on Blogger (check the sidebar to the right) and receive e-mail updates when I post. You can also follow me on twitter: @kirchdaddy.

Whatever you do and for whatever reason you're reading this right now, know this: I'm praying for you, reader. I'm praying that God works in your heart to draw you more and more to Himself.

4.14.2012

His Time

Driving home tonight a song came on the radio that I'm quite familiar with. I know the words. I love the words. But do you ever find yourself caught by some aspect of a song you didn't realize or recognize was there?


The song is "What Life Would Be Like" by Big Daddy Weave. If you aren't familiar, you can listen here.


Anyway, I was just driving along, listening and singing, and a phrase struck me: "He opened blinded eyes to see that the sun rises on His time, yet He knows our deepest desperate need."


What awesome truth is captured in those words! I paused for a moment to savor it. How often, in the midst of life, through joy and sorrow, in laughter and tears, do we lose sight of the fact that this life is not our own? Time is not ours to plan down to the very minutiae of the day. Rather, each day is a gift, each moment a treasure. God is gracious to us not only to give us this life but to give us the opportunity to glorify Him with all that we are, including the time that He has blessed us with.

I don't ever want to forget the implications of that simple phrase:



"The sun rises on His time."


Time is His to give and His to take away. Who am I to question God's plan? Does He not know infinitely better than I do? Can He not see all of time and, regardless of my extremely short sighted ideas, choose the best course for me? All I have to do is trust! And in return, I am to glorify the Father with all that I do and say.


I don't know about you, but apart from salvation that is one of the most comforting and reassuring truths I could ever attempt to wrap my heart and mind around.


Does it seem like everything is going wrong with your life? Does it seem like everything you try to do fails? God knows. God sees. And He sees how those disappointments and failures are going to eventually bring about His own glory. All you have to do is trust Him.


Does it seem like everything in your life is perfect? Maybe all the pieces have fallen into place without you even trying? Good. God sees and knows that too. But in the midst of that blessing don't forget that God is due the glory and praise. And He will get it, even at the expense of your pride.


You see, it's His time. It's His plan. It's His will. And I am reminded tonight that nothing happens in this world that is not first sifted through His hands. So, in my valleys I will praise Him. And on the mountain top, I will glorify His name. Because His is the name that is above every name. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


Paul says it best, "Indeed, to me living is Christ, and dying gain."


What better way to live than in the shadow of the cross?


No comments: