The name speaks for itself - Rhapsodies and Anecdotes. This is the venue in which I share (often ecstatically) personal stories about what God teaches me as I dive into His Word each day. I hope you like what I post and that it challenges you as it does me.

If you like, you can follow me on Blogger (check the sidebar to the right) and receive e-mail updates when I post. You can also follow me on twitter: @kirchdaddy.

Whatever you do and for whatever reason you're reading this right now, know this: I'm praying for you, reader. I'm praying that God works in your heart to draw you more and more to Himself.

4.20.2009

Steadfast

Even people like David, Moses, and Abraham, giants in our faith, had difficult times.  They struggled with this sin nature that we all carry inside.  They had hurts that seemed to them too much for one heart to bear.  Yet, they made it.

I wonder sometimes how they did it, how even when life was the most difficult it had ever been they found the strength to hold on.  David explains it pretty well in his Psalms:

"In You, O Lord, do I take refuge...you are my rock and my fortress...I trust in You, O Lord...O, how abundant is your goodness...Blessed be the Lord, for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me..." Psalm 31

All of Psalm 31 that I didn't write down were bad things that kept happening to David, things that were wearing him down and making him feel abandoned, but David keeps coming back to the Lord with gratitude for the things he has done and trusting him to continue proving his steadfast love.  David had his priorities straight.  First, worship God.  Second, everything else.  I think an adjustment might be in order.

No comments: