The name speaks for itself - Rhapsodies and Anecdotes. This is the venue in which I share (often ecstatically) personal stories about what God teaches me as I dive into His Word each day. I hope you like what I post and that it challenges you as it does me.

If you like, you can follow me on Blogger (check the sidebar to the right) and receive e-mail updates when I post. You can also follow me on twitter: @kirchdaddy.

Whatever you do and for whatever reason you're reading this right now, know this: I'm praying for you, reader. I'm praying that God works in your heart to draw you more and more to Himself.

2.19.2009

Testify

"To this day I have had the help that comes from God, and so I stand here testifying both to small and great, saying nothing but what the prophets and Moses said would come to pass:" ~Acts 26:22

I find it extremely interesting that Paul is given free reign to make his defense in front of Agrippa, Bernice, Festus, and a whole slew of other people and while he makes a very good case of defending himself, he still manages to weave the gospel in and out of his argument.  I don't know if that is something that I would be able to do so fluidly if I were on trial with my life on the line.

Even more intriguing, though, is verse 22.  I don't remember reading this verse ever before, but it strikes a chord in me.  "Testifying both to small and great..."  Wow, he really just said that.  I know that I am completely capable of praising God for the big things, of shouting about the big things from the rooftop, because those things are so big and it is so glaringly obvious why they are such blessings.  But when is the last time I got really excited about the little details that God puts in our lives.  When is the last time I testified about the small stuff?  Interestingly enough, the small stuff is what shows the world how incredible the God we serve is.  The fact that He cares about the small stuff, He takes care of the lilies of the field, His eye is on the sparrow.

It's not the difference between my God and all the other gods that people worship.  It's the difference between the God who IS and the God who is MINE.

Can I get a witness up in here?!

No comments: